Monday, June 4, 2012

Commissioning and our team dinner


What an exciting day... first our commissioning at the 11:10 service with Dr. Jackson and then in the Upper Room Service with Christian Washington where he challenged everyone present to be REAL.

 As friends and staff put hands on us and prayed for us on our journey and for ur safety, several thoughts went through my mind...we are disciples of Christ and Chapelwood going to work with special young people in Estonia.  It is our challenge to be real with them... to listen and to be present in the moment and to take them where they are in their personal journey with Christ.

Estelle Tees remarked, "How wonderful it made me and my team feel knowing that we had the support of our church!  Although I regularly attend the service in the sanctuary, the Upper Room was a new experience for me.  A REAL experience that will help me in Estonia to Restore myself and others, Encourage those around me, Accept people who are like me as well as different, and Love all of God's children."

After a delicious meal of fajitas and all of the trimmings, our team sat down to pray for those we will work with and for one another...that we will be able to offer ourselves to the people of Estonia on their mission pilgrimage.  As a result of our prayer time, our lives seemed bonded more deeply.

Ted Desforges summed up the team's feelings with, "What stood out for me today is the love and support of our entire Chapelwood community.  It is very inspiring to have people that I do not even know approach me and express their support for our team and mission."
Add caption



Our team prepares to share a meal together
along with Rita Stuckey and Harold Block.
Ted Desforges, Wick Stuckey, April Halberdier,
Vicki Jud, Kelly Musick, Estelle Tees, Janet Sims.
Afterwards, Ted shared beautiful letters of testimony from two young people who had just attended Camp Gideon.


No comments:

Post a Comment